Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 20, 2010

Plumbago free digi kit & pretty flowers…

Hi there! Well I know I have been AWOL for a while, and I really want to update my blog more often, but somehow I just don’t get here when I want to.

Well at least I have a freebie for today…

The rest of the Plumbago kit- yes you can complete the kit now!

vhurly_plumbago_preview

 

Remember that you can use these papers and elements to print out for cards and other craft projects as well. They are not restricted to scrapbooking alone.

All are saved at 300dpi.

Note: For personal use/ scrap for hire use only. Not for commercial use.

Here are the final links to download the rest of this digital kit:

Plumbago Papers 1

Plumbago Papers 2

Plumbago Papers 3

Plumbago Papers 4

For the elements – click HERE

For the alpha, click HERE

Hope you enjoy them and do leave some love- I’d love to hear from you!

I’ve been having fun making some pretty organza flowers. I recently stumbled across a blog tutorial by Calamity Kim on how to make these. They are super easy and such fun to make. Each one ends up quite unique and i love combining unusual colours to create these shabby chic blooms…

I started off by wanting to make some to adorn a cushion for my daughter’s bedroom. She loves anything orange and wants an orange bedroom. I drew the line at painting the walls orange, as next week she may just want some other colour! (She’s 13 – need I say more?).

So I opted for orange soft-furnishings that will later be easy to change to turn the room into another kaleidoscope of colour.

We have used a charcoal grey, white bed linen, a silvery-grey throw and some orange scatters. I then added these fun organza and satin flowers to a shop-bought charcoal grey round scatter and this is the result:

 

003web

I’ll take some pics as soon as the room is complete and share them here too.

It’s weekend now and tomorrow my brother & his family are visiting. My niece’s are so cute and so enjoy visiting here with my kids. I’ve made them each a little bag adorned with their own pretty handmade roses and in the bag, a headband with a matching organza flower.

I’m hoping to get some cute photos of them with their flowers in their hair.

I might even convince my kids to pose for the camera…mmmm wishful thinking (but, stranger things have happened! LOL!)

Hope you have a creative weekend….

3 comments:

BALI said...

hello my friend! warm greeting ^^!
your blog looks nice 0_0

by the way,
if you need to find unique typography, you can go to our website.

best regards;

Bonnie said...

Hi V, love your flowers! way better than mine!! I love the color combo you used and the stamens, I want to try that next!!

Veronica said...

Thanks Bonnie, but yours are gorgeous, don't know what you are talking about! I love the buttons in the middle too - gives them a totally new look.

Bali- thank you. I'll pop over to check out your blog!