Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vintage-style gift tag & wrapping

I hope you’re not getting tired of me now! LOL! Two blog posts in two days! I’m on a roll here…

Have you ever visited this site? ----

Crafters Digital Art Centre

image

It’s jam-packed with digital stamps ready for colouring & decorating & using up your cardstock to make gorgeous cards and other projects. There are tons of project ideas!

There’s a fun Progressive Digi Freebie Challenge running over there at the moment. You sign up and you get 6 free digi stamps. You have to use at least one of them in a project, post a link back and then you qualify to receive the next batch of 6 free digi stamps.

Here’s what I made with the teapot stamp created by Sandi Samples.

I coloured the teapot digitally using Photoshop CS3, I placed it (digitally) on top of this cute Cafe paper from The Graphics Fairy, then fiddled some more with the colours & opacity on the teapot. I printed it out, distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress Ink from Ranger industries. I added a circle punch at the placement for the hole I then punched a hole through for the ribbon. Voilà, quick ‘n easy gift tag.

So go and join in HERE!

 012

(sorry- my picture is a little distorted due to the angle I took the photo)

I’ll be sharing some more of my cards over the next few days… once I’ve photographed them.

Thought I’d share a pretty gift wrap/ packaging idea with you too.

I decorated this box to put my sister-in-law’s birthday gift in. (I think I might have even had more fun decorating this than she had receiving it!)

I bought a few of these pre-cut boxes in a plain ‘kraft’ colour as I knew I could embellish away to suit the age, gender or personality of the person the gift was for.

I then visited my all-time-favourite vintage image blog & used some of her gorgeous images. I printed out the images onto white cardstock, cut them out, then aged the edges with a little Vintage photo Distress Ink from Ranger Ind.

I jumped into my (huge) stash of ribbons & embellished away… Some were glued straight down flat onto the box, others I raised with foam squares to add some dimension.

009

011  007

005

Happy Crafting!

I’m off to my oil painting class today, so I’m in “art paradise” this morning!

Note: The image of the two doves is from another fabulous vintage image site : Percy & Bloom

signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, Nikki's going to love that, it's beautiful V. Glad to see you are in 'craft' mode again :)
Bxx