Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year, new projects, new ideas

Are you also enthusiastic for the New Year? Every New Year, I get a warm ‘n fuzzy feeling inside, I feel rejuvenated and ready to take on NEW things.

This year I want to reNEW, change and create!

Here are the plans:

  • Move into our long-anticipated bush-lodge holiday home - After extensive renovations which have taken about 8 months so far. We’re hoping to be all settled in with (new!) furniture and all by the end of February. (Will soon show you some “before & after” pics.)
  • Re-do all the upstairs bedrooms at home from top to toe – including the floors. Yippee- can’t wait for this!
  • Tidy up & revamp my studio (again!) – an ongoing project! –‘nough said!
  • Exercise till it makes a difference – & then keep it up!!
  • Start sewing my own clothes again! I really need to do this - I used to really enjoy it!
  • Paint a whole lot more!

So, that being said, here’s to 2012! Martini glass

I’d also like to share a painting with you that I completed in November 2011. I loved this gorgeous vintage postcard from The Graphics Fairy so much that I printed a copy and kept it for ages before I got around to painting it.

angelpostcardgfairy006

001_web

I love how it turned out. I had modge-podged scrapbook ‘script’ printed paper onto a canvas and decided to do a slightly mixed-media painting by painting the angels on top. I kept the edges of the painting quite expressive and undetailed and even scratched into the paint here and there.

The faces of the angels were just to beautiful not to do in more detail, so they got given a more realistic approach but again, I changed it here & there as copying the original ‘to the last brushstroke’ is not my thing.

001_web_2

Hope you all have a peaceful, happy & creative Winking smile2012!

Vxx

Linking to :

 image

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey V, Happy New Year to you! That painting is absolutely beautiful!!!! You truly have a gift :)
Bxx

Unknown said...

Lovely painting!!! I was an art major, so I know how difficult it is to pain people.

Makes me want to paint again

Beth

Chris said...

Hi V, your painting is absolutely fabulous. What a wonderful job you have done giving it your own personal touch. Congratulations. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Nan said...

Hey Veronica!

I was just going through some graphics fairy posts and saw this one by you! I love it! You really did a beautiful job on it. Where do you have it hanging?

Also, how many of us can say we have a bush-lodge holiday home????? My goodness girl, that sounds extraordinary! Did I miss a post on this? Can't wait to see photos!

Take care and pick up that paint brush more often!!! You're great!

Nan